To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Take 12 white or yellow corn tortillas and brush both sides with 1/4 C
Cut the tortillas like a pizza or into strips. Spread in a single layer on 2
cookie sheets and sprinkle with salt.
Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes, until crisp, rotating the pan
once during the cooking. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you
prepare the salsa.
To make the salsa mix:
• 3 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
• 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
• 3 tablespoons chopped yellow bell pepper
• 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Mix the ingredients and add salt & pepper to taste.